Finding childcare

Last updated: 2 Dec 2021

Working Families advises on government support schemes for childcare costs. However, we are not able to help with finding childcare.

We do have some general information about finding childcare for disabled children.

You can get more information about childcare options from the Family and Childcare Trust. They have an interactive tool to help you find your local childcare or family services.

For more help with finding childcare in your local area, you can contact your local council, which may have a Family Information Service or equivalent.

This advice applies in England, Wales and Scotland. If you live in another part of the UK, the law may differ. Please call our helpline for more details. If you are in Northern Ireland you can visit the Labour Relations Agency or call their helpline Workplace Information Service on 03300 555 300.

If you have further questions and would like to contact our advice team please use our advice contact form below or call us.

Advice contact form

DonateReceive updates button

The information on the law contained on this site is provided free of charge and does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on a specific case or matter. If you are not a solicitor, you are advised to obtain specific legal advice about your case or matter and not to rely solely on this information. Law and guidance is changing regularly in this area.

We cannot provide advice on employment rights in Northern Ireland as the law is different. You can visit the Labour Relations Agency or call their helpline Workplace Information Service on 03300 555 300.