(15-30 hours per week)
Salary £28,000 pro rata
Working Families’ legal advice services (LAS) team works at the forefront of access to justice for parents and carers at work. Many parents and carers find that the employers’ approaches to flexible working, available in-work benefits, leave and entitlement to time off don’t allow them to work and care and thrive. We want to change that.
Our award-winning free legal helpline individually advises over 2,000 parents and carers on their rights at work every year and about 1 million a year via our comprehensive advice website pages. If you have a strong commitment to justice, awareness of issues that parents and carers face and want to join a small team of dedicated advisers in supporting the UK’s parents and carers, we want to hear from you!
Your role within the legal advice team would be to:
- provide legal advice and coaching to parents and carers on their in-work benefits and employment rights on WF’s helpline and via email
- provide training on parental employment rights and in-work benefits
- contribute to WF’s advice website pages, newsletters and other publications
- identify policy and strategic issues for WF’s research and campaign areas
We particularly welcome applications from those with lived experiences of disabilities (or carers of disabled dependants) and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our workforce.
- 25 days leave + statutory holidays (FTE), increasing in accordance with years of service
- A pension scheme with a 5% employer contribution
- Bike to work scheme
How to apply
Download the Application form and Monitoring form below, and send the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Description Rights Adviser
- Application Form Rights Adviser 2020
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 20 April 2020
Applications will be dealt with on a rolling basis so the job may be filled earlier and recruitment closed. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interview dates TBC.