We give legal advice to parents and carers on their rights at work, for free, to anyone who needs it
We are thrilled to be taking part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge, running until Tuesday 7 December. That means that if you can donate even a few pounds today your donation will be immediately doubled!
Please help us support more parents and carers who need us today.
If you can’t donate right now, please help by spreading the word about Working Families. Please help us to help others and share any information you have found useful. You never know who might need it.
2018 Modern Families Index summary report
This report summarises the key findings from the 2018 Modern Families Index – the most comprehensive survey of how working families manage the balance between work and family life in the UK. Now in its sixth year, it has been published annually by charity Working Families and Bright Horizons Family Solutions since 2012.
- Parents are working far beyond their contracted hours
- These long hours are causing damage – on time spent together as a family and on parental relationships and wellbeing.
- Many families aren’t even ‘just about managing’ — with neither the time or money they need.
- Working parents are taking significant action including deliberately stalling their careers. This is evidence of a ‘parenthood penalty’
- The right to request flexible working has not gone far enough to deliver work life balance for families.
The report also summarises our policy recommendations.
Download the full report.