Are your policies providing enough support to the mothers and adoptive parents on your team? Having the right policies in place and enabling managers to provide the right support through the transition to a caring role will increase performance, facilitate career progression, and reduce the stress and anxiety of your working parents and carers.
A Working Families expert will help you review your policies and share with you what best practice looks like for maternity and adoption. If you don’t have policies, we can help you create them. Additionally, we will provide you with a comprehensive toolkit comprising tools, templates, factsheets and guides for line managers in supporting mothers and adoptive parents in the workplace.
Full contents of toolkits:
- Our ‘Supporting Mothers: Model Policies for Employers’ toolkit, which includes:
- Model Time Off for Dependants Policy – simply use it as it is, or slot in your enhanced provision
- Model Parental Leave Policy – simply use it as it is, or slot in your enhanced provision
- Model Maternity Policy – simply use it as it is, or slot in your enhanced provision
- Model Adoption Policy – simply use it as it is, or slot in your enhance provision
- Parental Bereavement Leave and Pay – Regulations document
- Our ‘Supporting Mothers: Best Practice Guides on Maternity for Employers’ toolkit which includes:
- Guide for employers on statutory maternity leave and pay – and creating a family friendly workplace culture
- Factsheet for employers on IVF support – becoming more common, employers need to understand the legal position and implications
- Top Tips for creating and implementing a maternity strategy – ensuring the retention and career development of mothers
- Maternity Calendar: giving all the statutory key dates for both pregnant employee and their employer/line manager
- Our ‘Supporting Mothers: Resources for Line Managers’ toolkit which includes:
- Managing Pregnancy and Maternity checklist – the essentials for line managers
- Managing the Return to Work checklist – the essentials for line managers
- Handover/Return to Work Planner – cover all bases with this planner to ensure a comprehensive maternity handover and a smooth return to work experience
Did you know that the Working Families membership for employers offers access to all our exclusive policy guides and toolkits to implement flexible and family-friendly business practices? Check out our different membership plans, pricing and benefits.