These resources equip you to manage both:
informal variations to the ways in which teams or individual employees might work, agreed on an informal basis – for example, if one of your team wanted to work 8.30am to 4.30pm rather than 9am to 5pm, to work from home on an ad hoc basis, or if someone wanted to make a short term change whilst setting up care arrangements for an elderly relative; and
formal requests – where an employee makes a formal request to make a permanent change to their working arrangements – either their hours of work or their place of work (e.g. working from home).
This toolkit contains the following documents:
- Leading high performing flexible teams
- What is flexible working and why does it matter?
- Summary of how to manage a request to work flexibly
- A manager’s guide to managing a request for flexible working
- Flexible team protocols: What will work for your team?
- Managing remote/home workers
- How to work flexibly as a manager
- Ten steps to creating a successful flexible team
Did you know that the Working Families membership for employers offers access to all our exclusive policy guides and toolkits to implement flexible and family-friendly business practices? Check out our different membership plans, pricing and benefits.