Ideas for getting involved in National Work Life Week
Tweet us @workingfamuk and join the conversation using #WorkLifeWeek
National Work-Life Week provides the perfect opportunity to put a spotlight on the need for work-life balance for all employees and the business benefits of getting it right. Here are some ideas how you can get involved.
- Highlight some great examples of people working flexibly in your workforce, whether it’s because they have caring responsibilities, are pursuing interests outside of work or progressing towards retirement.
- Put on a special event for staff like a lunchtime discussion, workshop or webinar on topics around work life balance; or run virtual training, for example for line managers on how to manage flexible staff. Ask a senior manager to share their insights on how they balance their time.
- Offer some guidance to your employees about how to use digital devices to support flexibility over when and where they work, rather than as a way to work ‘around the clock’.
- Showcase your family friendly working policies and practices in staff newsletters and on your intranet and on the careers pages of your website.
- Start using the Happy to Talk Flexible Working logo and strapline on the job vacancies you advertise, to open up the application process to more people with the skills and talents you’re looking for and encourage managers to think through the best way to get the job done. We also encourage you to use our Flex Fit toolkit to help you identify the flexibility inherent in any role.