Workplace Fertility Support: getting started and building a business case
10 Mar 2022 | 12 noon to 1pm
Working Families webinar in partnership with Fertifa: Workplace Fertility Support: getting started and building a business case
One in six couples experience fertility challenges, which equates to around 3.5 million people.
Infertility is one of the last workplace taboos, but things are starting to change. An increasing number of leading employers are taking positive steps to break the silence and support employees with fertility and alternative paths to parenthood, such as adoption and surrogacy.
Fertility challenges can have a huge impact on mental wellbeing at work and companies are realising that they have a lot to gain by being openly supportive to their colleagues who may be struggling.
Benefits for businesses include increased loyalty and retention, improved workplace productivity and a differentiator in recruitment.
This webinar will explore:
- Why we are seeing more companies offering fertility support
- How fertility and family-forming policies should and can be inclusive
- The importance of training for line managers and company-wide education
- What options are out there for bridging this workplace health gap
- How to build a business case to win support internally
The panellists are:
Jane van Zyl, CEO at Working Families
Eileen Burbidge MBE, Executive Director at Fertifa
Hortense Thorpe, Procurement Business Partner at Centrica and Workplace Fertility Ambassador
Gaya Murugathas, People Operations Specialist at Thoughtworks
Liv Harrison, Performance Management Partner at Thoughtworks