Pursuit Marketing – Winner 2018 Scottish Top Employers (SME)
Pursuit Marketing was the 2018 Winner of Top Scottish Employers for Working Families Awards – SME employer (medium) category.
Time to shine
Pursuit Marketing remains the only demand generation agency to guarantee results, and in order to provide these service levels they rely on a motivated, productive and efficient workforce. Their employee-first ethos ensures they can continue to attract and retain the best talent.
Since inception, they have proactively supported flexible working applications and – on analysis – found these employees to be as productive as those working traditional full-time hours, if not more so. Employees shared that this was due to them valuing an improved work/life balance.
The business continually innovates to offer the most forward-thinking flexible working and family-friendly working practices to all employees which reaps clear business benefits.
- Since launching their innovative 4-day week in September 2016 (reduced working hours for full-time pay), Pursuit have achieved positive business results:
- Sustained increased productivity levels (initially +36% with novelty of new working model, but now settled at +29% per month)
- Achieved an increase in unsolicited recruitment applications via their website (+500%), attracting new talent and reducing recruitment, advertising and consulting costs
- Recorded near 100% employees satisfaction scores (+11% compared to previous year)
- Leveraged their employee-first ethos to attract global clients. As a result, 75 new roles were created to support surge in demand for service (almost doubling the company in size)
- Created 10x Term-Time Working Roles to attract parents back to work with a true work/home balance
- Launched an online tool to notify any small changes to working hours i.e. later start due to waiting on a tradesperson or earlier finish for a school parents’ evening
- 100% of staff work flexibly, with optional Fridays and small adjustments when needed to be reactive to individual needs. 43% have formal flexible working arrangements in place (100% of applications received have been approved).
- Fully paid maternity and adoption leave and pay and 4-weeks paternity leave on full time pay irrespective of length of service.
- Platforms to communicate policies and to capture ideas/feedback from employees to continually shape programme.
- Bespoke digital platform for knowledge transfer and updates.
- Regular appraisals, team meetings and innovation workshops
“My working hours are 9.30-2.30 midweek, which means I can do both school-runs, and I have time off during school holidays. I can support my wife to achieve her personal ambitions after graduating from university. I have quality time at home with my daughters and I still get to work with a brilliant team. On top of this, I have just been promoted to Account Manager, so even with the reduced working hours the company has recognised my hard work and offered me this opportunity. I really do have the best work/life balance imaginable.”
Andrew, Account Manager.