PKAVS – Scottish Top Third Sector Employer 2019
PKAVS is a small charity providing services for over 5000 people across Perth & Kinross. The charity a range people in the community including groups such as; Carers, Minority Communities and people with mental health issues.
They pride themselves on an inclusive working culture and strive to develop roles that can adapt to the needs and individual circumstances of the people who work for the charity, as well as the people they provide support for. Many of the management team work flexibly which helps to demonstrate that flexible working At PKAVS is for everyone and not simply reserve for people with young children or caring responsibilities. A great work life balance is what PKAVS people can expect from the top to the bottom of the organisation.
Supporting employees to look after their physical and mental wellbeing. Through this, we hope to reduce any unnecessary stress or pressure that our staff may experience, and offer them the opportunity to fit their work into their existing lives rather than rearranging their lifestyle around their job. Ultimately, we believe that promoting flexible working practices helps us in building a stronger, more understanding relationship with our staff and ensures their happiness and wellbeing. This in turn works to reduce sickness absence, boost staff productivity and increase staff engagement and loyalty to the company.
PKAVS offer a range of support options for employees, including:
- Caring for Carers policy which includes our Carers’ Hub providing access to a wide range of support options
- Attained Carers Positive Exemplary Status
- Flexi-time for all employees
- Option to work from home supported by appropriate technology
- Both formal and informal part-time working arrangements, with 80% of the organisation working flexibly
- Condensed and staggered shift patterns to meet the needs of workers and the organisation
- Paid time off for volunteering activities out with our organisation
What their people say
“Caring for an elderly parent while managing my work commitments has been very tough but I am proud to say that the Carer Friendly policies at PKAVS have made a huge difference to me in managing both roles. It’s inspiring to work for an organisation who honestly wants to support their employees. Knowing that my employer understands what being a carer involves and is happy to offer suitable support has helped me greatly.