Incremental Group – Winner 2020 – Scottish Top Employer Awards (Flexible Recruitment)
Incremental Group firmly believes that work is a thing you do and not a place you go. We provide our Incrementalists with the kit to enable them to work from wherever they need to be. We only ask that they come to the office one day a month for our “Incremental Days”, given the wider team opportunities to connect and stay in touch.
In addition, flexible working patterns and the digital first approach supported by the group enable them to hire highly skilled candidates that would not choose to work in a less agile environment. The tech sector in Scotland is growing rapidly and the competition for talent in steep. Offering a flexible working environment allows Incremental Group to attract and retain great talent, which is good for the business as well as the employees.
The organisation also has a successful Women’s Returner programme which supports women getting back into the workplace after career breaks. Modern apprentices and graduates who require time out to study are also supported to work flexibly, allowing them to balance work and study at a crucial early stage in their career.
Incremental Group is growing rapidly and recruiting flexibly helps leaders ensure they attract the diversity of talent required to support the continued development of a growing organisation.
- Flexible recruiter
- Use of ‘Happy to talk flexible working’ logo in adverts and job descriptions
- All roles advertised as flexible
- managers provided with support to accommodate flexible team design and working arrangement
- Successful women returners programme
- Flexible arrangements to support for students and modern apprenticeships employee
- No set start and finishing time
- Contracted hours can be worked throughout the week in whatever work pattern suits the employee
- Increased applications and improved staff retention
- Flexibility rated as one of the top priorities in recent employee engagement surveys
What their people say:
“We talk to all of our people about the benefits of agile working and always look for a reason to say “yes” first. Talking to candidates about working flexibly from the outset means people are confident about raising the issue of flexible working. Using the ‘Happy to talk Flexible Working’ logo is a signal showing people that promoting a healthy work life balance, is embedded in the way we work. When people are happy at work, it benefits the client, which benefits the business so it’s good for everyone.”