What if I need further advice?

Last updated: 26 May 2020

If you need further advice about benefits connected to maternity and pregnancy, for example Statutory Maternity Pay, Maternity Allowance or the Sure Start Maternity Grant, Working Families may be able to help. You can ring our helpline for advice.

If you need advice about other benefits or tax credits, your local Citizens Advice or other local advice agencies can help. You will find more information on benefits and tax credits on the Entitledto and Turn2us websites and the GOV.UK website.

If you are a lone parent, you can contact GingerbreadOne Parent Families Scotland, or in Northern Ireland, GingerbreadNI. If you are a carer, Carers UK may be able to help you. If you are an older parent or carer, you could contact Age UK.

If you need advice about benefits for families of disabled children, you can contact Contact helpline 0808 808 3555.

This advice applies in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. If you live in another part of the UK, the law may differ. Please call our helpline for more details.

If you have further questions and would like to contact our advice team please use our advice contact form below or call us.

Advice contact form

Have you heard about your right to request flexible working? Watch our film to find out more.

DonateReceive updates button

The information on the law contained on this site is provided free of charge and does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on a specific case or matter. If you are not a solicitor, you are advised to obtain specific legal advice about your case or matter and not to rely solely on this information. Law and guidance is changing regularly in this area.