Home Advice for Parents & CarersDisability, Sickness and Carers A Guide to Benefits for disabled children

A Guide to Benefits for disabled children

It is advisable to seek specific advice about your own family’s circumstances, particularly if you are from abroad or not normally resident in the UK.

Working Families runs a campaign for parents of disabled children who work or want to work, see Waving not Drowning.

Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment

Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit

Working Tax Credit (WTC)

Carer’s Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Direct Payments (DP)

Disabled Facilities Grant

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

Family Fund

Help with health costs

This advice applies in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. If you live in another part of the UK, the law may differ. Please call our helpline for more details.

If you have further questions and would like to contact our advice team please use our advice contact form below or call us.

Advice contact form

Have you heard about your right to request flexible working? Watch our film to find out more.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.